We install any type of gas appliance, from stoves and hobs to fireplaces and geysers, and cover all types of installations.
After a new installation, maintenance or repair, we will issue a compliance certificate in accordance with SANS 10087-1:2013.
We conduct inspections on all installations and repairs, covering components such as regulators and isolation and safety shut-off valves.
We can supply and install any size gas cylinder cage to your existing installation to meet all SANS requirements.
We offer maintenance to existing gas installations, ensuring that piping and fittings are always in the best condition.
Using state-of-the-art sniffer devices, we can detect the smallest of leaks on your gas installation, putting your mind at ease.
Gas Installation Regulations as per SANS 10087
- No less than 1 metre sideways from doors and windows.
- No less than 2 metres from drains and air vents or any other place where the gas can gather if the bottle leaks.
- No less than 3 metres below windows unless a non-combustible roof has been installed between the gas bottles and the bottom of the window.
- No less than 1 metre from the property boundary wall unless it is a fire wall, at least 1.8 metres tall and has no ventilation gaps (acceptable if up to two 48kg gas canisters are stored) No less than 3 meters from the property boundary wall (if more than two 48kg gas canisters are stored).
- No less than 5 metres sideways away from a switchable electrical point, plug switch and socket, electrical motor or pool pump etc. (but not a light bulb) and not less than 1.5 metres above the gas bottle.
OUR CORE COMMITMENT
Core Gas is part of the Core Services Group which includes Core Leak Detection and Core Electrical. We are a one-stop solution for all your core services, including all certified electrical and plumbing installations and maintenance. With qualified plumbers, electricians and gas installers in Val de Vie, we do it all under one roof.
We offer our complete range of services to commercial, industrial and residential clients.
Gas hobs and ovens
Installation of gas cylinder cages
Single / 3-phase installations
Fault finding and repairs
Solar power systems
DB board upgrades
Inspections & COC’s